Monday, January 9, 2012

January 9, 2012 The Lord Is Our Shelter

SCRIPTURE READING:  Psalm 9:1-12

SCRIPTURE:  Psalm 9: 9 & 10
The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed,
a refuge in times of trouble.
Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, O Lord do not abandon
those who search for you.

DEFINITION
Oppressed - overwhelmed, unbearable, intolerable, brutal, dishearten, discouraged, repressed, overpowered, treated harshly
_________________________________________________

I love this scripture this morning.  I guess because this morning I woke up with an oppressive headache this morning and this scripture just help soothe me to know that the Lord is by my side and will make it go away.  When I get these headaches, especially in the mornings, I know it's just a way for the devil trying to discourage me from staying in God's word.  Not this morning....I'm going to persevere and get my morning worship done because it will start my day off good. 

God is always with us no matter what our situation.  All we have to do is ask him to stay around,  search Him.  I'm so thankful for Him for every moment in my life.  God helps me out with the most menial task to the most difficult ones.  No matter what problems or trials we are going through, God is there by our sides helping us through it.  We just need to ask and give it over to God.  He's our shelter and refuge that we can always trust. 

After writing this, I see that my headache is finally easing up.  I knew I needed to persevere through this and God will be here to help me through it. Praise His Holy name!!!!

PRAYER
Oh Precious Father,  please help us in our daily task that he can go smoothly with your help.  I know, personally, I can't go through any minute without your help.  Especially this morning with my pounding headache. I'm sure there are others that are afflicted with oppressions worse than my headache, so please Lord take special care of those who desperately need you.  Your are the God of healing, the God of refuge, the God of love...we reach out to you in Jesus name.....Amen

No comments: