Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January 10, 2012 TRUST IN HIM

SCRIPTURE READING:  Genesis 23:1-24:51; Matthew 8:1-17 & Proverbs 3:1-6

SCRIPTURE:
Gen 24:6 & 7
"Make sure that you do not take my son back there," Abraham said.
"The LORD, the God of heaven, who brought me out of my father's household and my native land and who spoke to me and promised me on oath, saying, 'To your offspring I will give this land'—he will send his angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son from there.

Mat 8:10 & 11
When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, "Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith.I say to you that many will come from the east and the west, and will take their places at the feast with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Proverbs 3:5 & 6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
____________________________________________
  
Wow!!! Today's reading was loaded today.  It is interesting that all the scripture reading had to do with trust and faith in God.  Listening to the reader in the Daily Audio Bible this morning talked about the child like faith in God.  Does anyone remember having that kind of innocent trust when you were a child.  When you believed in anything?  Such innocence.....Why is it that we lose that innocence pertaining our precious God.  I once had that child like faith where I actually heard God and believed that all my dreams would come true.  And it would until something happened and I seem to have lost that child like faith and now struggle with it.  Oh don't get me wrong, I have faith in God but I seem to lean into my own understanding instead of having the FULL FAITH of God's understanding.  I guess it's because suddenly as I have gotten older, LIFE happened.  Trials happened.  Falling out from the grace of God at times in my life happened.  Then I get to thinking, how in the world can God still forgive me, love me and still to this day use me for his will.  As I've gotten older, through my past bad experiences and walking down paths that I shouldn't have, God uses that to help others now.  I know that, I've experienced that and yet I'm still amazed how God loves me.  PEOPLE......GOD LOVES US...GOD LOVES YOU....WITHOUT CONDITIONS!!!  Isn't that amazing?

So why do we struggle with undying faith? Why do we not just trust God in everything that we do?  Because we are human.  The big reason that Jesus came down as a human and died for our sins.  He understands.  A lot of our troubles that we have in life is usually self inflicted and that we do things without talking it over to God first.  If we just talk things over first, God will direct our paths and things will go alot smoother.  May not be what we want, but I promise it will be in the will of God and exactly what we need and better.

PRAYER
Father God, you are our provider, your are our wisdom and knowledge.  Help us to grow in faith and give all situations, problems over to you so that we are in your will.  Helps us to have Abraham's faith that we listen, read your word and know exactly what we are to do through you.  In Jesus name....Amen.

No comments: