Monday, January 2, 2012

January 2, 2012 DREAMS

SCRIPTURE READING:  Matthew 2:13 - 3:6

SCRIPTURE:
Matthew 2:13
When they had gone, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up," he said, "take the child and his mother and escape to Egypt. Stay there until I tell you, for Herod is going to search for the child to kill him."

DEFINITION

Dreams
a succession of images, thoughts, or emotions passing through the mind during sleep.
the sleeping state in which this occurs.
an object seen in a dream.
an involuntary vision occurring to a person when awake.
a vision voluntarily indulged in while awake; daydream; reverie.
to think or conceive of something in a very remote way
to indulge reveries
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you dream?  If so, do you remember them?  I have found that if I remember a dream in detail when I wake up it means that I need to think about it in more detail.  If it is a dream that stays on my mind, I believe it to be something that God is trying to say to me.  If I dream a reocurring dream, God is trying to teach me something.  If I dream about someone or a situation, it's usually a conflict that I need to address.  Sometimes I dream that I'm a main character in the dream and sometimes I'm just an outsider looking in the dream.  I do believe at times I dream in color and sometimes I don't. 
I believe God talks to us in our dreams.  I use to be more in tune with my dreams and usually can understand the meanings.  Usually due to spiritual growth or conflicts going on in my life   Lately I do not seem to remember in detail most of my dreams but when I do, it's worth investigating and looking into.  Like my dream of "Secrets".  The reason I've decided to research my yearly bible reading/study of secrets, mysteries, dreams etc....

The last couple of nights I've had disturbing dreams about a situation.  It has to do with a conflict that I'm dealing with right now.  A conflict, that really is upsetting me to the point that I want to just throw up.  I've been praying to God to help me with this. In praying about it and thinking about it, I know I need to just listen and be quiet.  In learning about "honor" in my classes, I've discovered that this is something I need to learn.  My dreams are making me aware I just need to relax and let God take over this situation.  I can't do anything about it no matter what I say or do, how much I do, it is in God's hands not mine.

PRAYER
My blessed Father,  I lift you up in praise and love.  I give you honor that you are my comforter, my provider and you will take care of whatever problems I may have.  Lord, I give you my troubling situation for you to handle, for I can no longer handle it.  I no longer want to taste it's bitter vile that is trapped in my gut.  In the name of Jesus, give back the sweet taste of understanding and keep me quiet as necessary.  Thank you sweet Jesus for you everlasting love.  In my precious Jesus name....Amen