Sunday, January 1, 2012

January 1, 2012 A NEW BEGINNING

SCRIPTURE READING:  Proverbs 1:1-6

SCRIPTURE:

Proverbs 1: 5&6
Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser.  Let those with understanding receive guidance by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parable, the words of the wise and their riddles.

DEFINITION:

Riddle: 
a question or statement so framed as to exercise one's ingenuity in answering it or discovering its meaning; conundrum. .
a puzzling question, problem, or matter.
a puzzling thing or person.
any enigmatic or dark saying or speech

Happy New Year Everyone!!!  I wish everyone a new bright 2012 year.  May God bless each and everyone of you.
As with every year, we start out on the first with resolutions of diets, exercise, get out debt and all sort of goals that starts out on this day.  I've decided not to even go there because as soon as I try to make promises to myself, I always fail. 
I do know one thing....I have missed blogging this past year.  Since I've started The Way Bible College my desire for blogging has really increased.  I have so much to share to everyone.  I'm learning so much.  At college, we were given a S.O.A.P journal that enables you to read the bible through the year.  As I started this morning, discovered that the SOAP journal goes along with my One Year Bible for Women.....Duh....anyway, we shall start "....in the beginning...."  Oh by the way, S.O.A.P stands for Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer.....
This year, I'm going to do something a bit different.  I had a dream several years ago that had the word "SECRET" given to me by Jesus.  So my goal this year, is to discover secrets in the Bible and share what I've discovered.  Being that this is the year of 2012, the most talked about, read about, and controversial year, I thought this would be an interesting study for the "Secrets" of God.
Being that said, this was why the above Proverb verses stuck out for me and  the word "Riddle" I consider as part of the secret to my discovery.  Part of reading the Bible is opening your heart and let God's words flow through you and the Holy Spirit will reveal what God wants you to learn.  God will reveal the secrets He wants us to hear.  Become wise and listen, chew on it, pray on it and receive guidance of what God wants you to learn.  Let God whisper His secrets to you.  I plan to learn as many secrets that He can possibly throw at me this year.
PRAYER
Dear Father God, 
You gave me a dream that has been in my thoughts for years.  And this year, I will research all the secrets you plan to reveal to me.  This year I am going to read every word of this bible.  I want to absorb as much as I can absorb and share what I learn to my friends.  God you are our Creator, our Abba Father, that loves us more than I can even imagine. Take me on this journey and I look forward what you will reveal to me, give me wisdom and understanding.  In Jesus name I pray....Amen

No comments: