Wednesday, January 4, 2012

January 4, 2012 Don't Love Your Simple Ways!

SCRIPTURE READING & SCRIPTURE

Proverbs 1:20-23
Out in the open wisdom calls aloud, she raises her voice in the public square;
on top of the wall she cries out, at the city gate she makes her speech:
"How long will you who are simple love your simple ways? How long will mockers delight in mockery and fools hate knowledge? Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.
---------------------------------------------------------------

I know this is a very tough one this morning.  But it called aloud to me to think about my own simple minded ways.  I can have a tendency to get simple minded myself.  "Simple" minded in my Bible commentary basically getting lazy in knowledge.  I think based on this scripture that we all have a tendency to not read our bibles and get very complacent about the Word of God.  I know sometimes I just do the act to get it done but don't really chew on the Word and how to reflect His words in my on life.  If we seek God's words then He will teach us and feed us with knowledge that we can't even comprehend.

I know over the years in my own seeking of God's words, I have learned so much.  Discovered alot about me and my own trangressions that I was not even aware of.  God has been conflicting me in my own sins through his loving teachings to carve me into the person He wants me to be.  I think I'm going through that whittling process now.  I think we all have to go through this process to get to the next level of what God wants us to learn.  Sometimes it is a tough learning process to get to that next level.  This past 4 months has been very trying for me and God is really pressing in on me to learn how to keep me quiet, especially during  difficult confrontations.  Not an easy thing for me to do.  I really try hard but before I even think about it, there my mouth runs over.  I hate when that happens.  This is a hard one for me.  But I know it needs to be polished for me to become the person He wants me to be.

PRAYER
Oh precious Father, you are so patient with me when I'm so impatient with life.  You have a lot to teach me and I need to learn to sit still and listen and just keep my mouth shut.  I know you are trying to teach me the wisdom to say the right things and when.  Help me Lord to discern this.  Thank you Father for helping me see this and help me work through this in Jesus name I pray.....Amen

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got around to opening this and I was so amazed! Thank you for sharing..........Happy Blessed New Year!
Karen

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoy this. Please check it out daily.