Monday, January 7, 2013

ONLINE WOMEN'S RETREAT

http://sanctuaryofwomen.com/womenschristmasretreat2013.html

I received an email from a really good friend advising that one of her past pastors decided to do an online women's retreat.  So I've decided to share this with my friends online and anyone who would like to participate, please do

The above link is the booklet study for this retreat.  Here are the instructions....mind you I'm doing this by email, but I'm sharing through my blog to get more women interested in "The Map You Make Yourself"  by Jan L. Richardson.  I hope you join in with your thoughts and insights.  I will post Cheryl's instructions when I recieve on a daily basis.  This should have been started yesterday so I'm a day behind in posting.

DIRECTIONS  ===================================================

"Who knew that when I got a whimsy of an idea on Friday to invite some women friends to journey through an on-line gathering with me that we would end up today with 58 women sharing the journey! You told your friends and they told their friends, and so it is that we begin this on-line pilgrimage together. Who but God knows where it will go!
I had originallly thought that I could cut and paste and send out a daily dispatch, but Jan Richardson's PDF files have eluded my ability to do that. So, I am sending you the link that will take you to the download of her retreat. http://sanctuaryofwomen.com/womenschristmasretreat2013.html We will read and comment on a portion of the retreat every day, and I will send out a reminder, but, alas, you will have to be responsible for downloading it yourself.
When you want to reflect on the reading, please "Reply All" since the whole gift of this retreat is that we do it together . . . learning from each other, listening, talking, reflecting, being changed. Since there are so many of us, let's keep our reflections brief. It may be that you want to comment not only on Jan's writings, but also on each other's, and that will be delightful. In all cases, "Reply All."
It may be that the only downside of this experience is that our in boxes wlll be overflowing for the next two weeks. Most of us have learned how to cope with that through Facebook--if you have time you read them and if you don't, you don't. This "retreat" will be the most low-maintenance thing you do all month, but it may be one of the most enriching things you do all month.
Some people are more verbal than others. Feel free to just listen if that's what you are led to do, but obviously there will be no benefit if everybody is a listener and no one shares. I am officially not in charge of that, and gladly relinquish all worry and control over who posts and who doesn't to God who, no doubt, is more excited than we are for the possibility of the woman-connection we are about to enjoy.
So, with the guidelines established, (Wow--that was simple!) let us begin. Today's reading is longer than any other day's Please rad pages 1-5: The Prelude. And may we, at least in spirit, pull up a pillow, get a hot cup of tea and settle in for a wonderful Women's Christmas!
Cheryl "
 
===================================
 
Ladies have fun on this journey and looking forward to your responses.
 
 

No comments: