Thursday, January 10, 2013

Day 5 - Waiting to be Found


 
 
Man O Man!!! I wish I could share all the response to everyone that reads my blog of all the women that are participating the email retreat going on.  Lots of wonderful entries.  Enjoy each one so much.  It amazes me all the different view points and journeys that everyone experiences or sees.
 
Today is about dreams - Questions are given as follows:
Are there images, motifs, story lines that recur in your dreams? What invitation might this hold for you? Is there a journey waiting for you in your own neighborhood—the place where you are right now; some treasure that waits to be found by entering the familiar in a new way?

God has given me several dreams that I believe were given at certain times of my life but was a puzzle to the reality of the journey God wanted me to take that I'm just now seeing....I'm a late bloomer...God sometimes has to hit me over the head for me to GET IT!!! And did back in October.

Several years ago, God gave me a dream where Jesus and God was there in a mist of a war and I was in a fox hole trying to steer away from the bombs bursting around me.  Jesus was standing above me and God was shining brightly behind Him and Jesus said to me...."You, Ava, know the secrets.  And you know what you need to do with them.  Go tell it to the world."  Well, I woke up in awe because that was the very first time I've EVER dreamed of Jesus or God much less of them BOTH in the same dream....I went to my ESword Bible program and entered in the word "secret" and pull every scripture with that word or the word "mystery" and wrote them down.  Basically meant was just share God, Jesus and God's word to others.

I love God's word so sharing to others is not a problem....YAY!! That's easy.  Then another dream came:

I dreamed of me being in a large room that was divided into sections.  Each section was a room but there was nothing in any of the rooms but one.   I remember one section of the room was filled with all kinds of canvas, pencils, colors, books, paint, brushes every tool you can imagine to create anything and everything that could be created was in this small little room.  I just remembering how neat that room was...It was just all about me....CREATIVE.....I felt I could just live in that room....then I was veered to a very large room where there was an argument going on about moving a wall and the cost of it being moved and how it was going to be painted or covered.  Then a bunch of us were sitting around a table fixing to each lunch and we got to talking about God and I was being teased about my faith.  I remember someone asking me about my faith and if I really believed and I told him at another time, I could tell him stories that would make him believe.  That was the end of that dream...which to me meant that God has so many doors and sections of life that I haven't even tapped into and I just need to use my God given CREATIVITY to tap in the secrets He has planned for me.

Well a few months later....I was laid off.  I do believe that dream was telling me something is down the road.  Now a lot  of other coincidences (God thing) has happen and brought me to establishing my own agency.  I believe God has veered me down this journey...too many open doors that make me not believe.  And to think this reality  of my own business is right here in my own home and in a business that I've been in for 37 years and never dreamed of doing it on my own.

Dreams are powerful....don't ignore them...when I can remember a dream...I write it down because I feel God is trying to tell me something.

I have a recurring person in a dream I'm struggling with now and not sure what it means but I'm sure one day I will figure it out.

No comments: