Thursday, January 3, 2013

HIS SHIELD AROUND ME

Scripture Reading:  Psalm 3:1-8

Today's Scripture:  Psalm 3:3
But you, O Lord, are a shield around me;
you are my glory, the one who
holds my head high.

This verse today gives me such comfort to know that I'm surrounded by God.  He is the one that holds me up, holds my head high and knowing that I can do anything.  I know there are those that feel this new business venture will fail.  I've already heard through the grapevine, that I will drive myself and my family into the poor house.  I get so tired of the negativity of others trying hard to pull me down.  All my life, I've been taught I can't do anything.  But year after year, I fight to prove that I can do anything when I put my mind to it.  Sometimes, I feel I'm getting to old to fight anymore and just want to give up and be reserved to the fact....they are right...I can't do it.

But this morning, God shows me a scripture giving me hope that, YES, I can do it as long as I have God surrounding me with his glory and He alone holds my head high.  Without God, yes I can do nothing......BUT I'm not without Him.....He is here, helping me every step of my life, my adventures, and my talents.  I CAN DO THIS AND NO ONE CAN TELL ME OTHERWISE.  I refuse to listen to others, I will only listen to what MY GOD has to say to me.

I know I'm not perfect....I know I've failed in so many things in my life....I know I'm a sinner but God loves my anyway and I know if I ask for forgiveness, for help I will someday become perfect in His eyes and His eyes alone.

PRAYER
My dear precious Lord, HOLD MY HEAD HIGH, I cannot do anything without you in my life.  Only through you all things are possible.  Even starting this business.  Keep me directed, keep me solid, keep me focused on you through this process.  In the mighty name of Jesus.....I love you....Amen.

No comments: